slbblogo

slbblogo

Monday, April 26, 2010

Am I getting old? I don't know, but maybe it would explain why I didn't enjoy my ride yesterday. The route we chose was starting in Magna, riding 8400 West down to Herriman and back. On paper, it looked good -- about 35.5 miles. Then I could ride home while Marsha drove.

Well, the first 14 miles is a long slow grind up a series of stepped hills. Not too steep, but steady and steeper than going up Emigration Canyon. Then after a brief downhill in Herriman, we turned North into the teeth of a frigid head wind (15 mph). And so it went for the rest of the ride. Cold, windy and uphill.

By the time we got back to the car (40 miles! 4 hours!) my legs were numb from the knees down, and my back muscles were cramping up. Needless to say, I didn't ride home.

No comments: