slbblogo

slbblogo

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ramblin' On

I see that we haven't posted anything of late. My excuse is that I was in Rochester, NY, sans bike all last week. Poor me. Cassie hasn't been riding very much, either. In theory, we're getting ready for the Moab Century, but I don't think we'll make it.

I tried riding up Millcreek Canyon on Tuesday after my pilates therapy. Unfortunately, it was 5 miles of hills to get to the canyon, and I was pooped by the time I got there. I only rode about 2 miles up before I gave out.

I did ride up Emigration Canyon today, all the way to Little Mountain. The way I ride this canyon is to break it down into small sections. I recite a litany as I ascend:
Ruth's
Camp K
Pueblo Amarillo
Short Cut
Love Shack
Creek House
Tyvek
Broken Bridge
Junk House
40 Mile
Powerhouse House
Big Bend
Sun and the Moon
Tile Wall
Pinecrest
S-s-s-s-s-s-s-snake
Hairpin and
Little Mountain.

As I pass each spot I recite the littany from that point. If you ride or drive up Emigration, see if you can identify the landmarks.

No comments: